The Frost Chronicles 6: The secret world of the Marid part 4
7 May 2020
The Marid seemed to sense her presence shortly after she had sunk into the ground and turned to scrutinize her. They did not seem hostile but neither did they seem friendly nor happy that she was there among them. Some of them were whispering to each other and pointing towards her. Others were looking back and forth at her and at her half-father. They seemed to be making some connection. Her half-father rose from his throne laying the scepter aside and made his way through the half circle to where she was.
- You should not be here, he said in her mind
- I needed to see you, she answered
- This is not the right time. I will come to you later or tomorrow
- I need your help now
- I am sure this can wait. I sense what you need to ask of me and this can wait. I have an important meeting now.
- I will go then but I am not sure how to get out of here. It seemed very natural to sink into the ground but now I feel stuck and cannot rise out of here.
In a flash she felt herself lifted and the Marid had transported her back into her flat. She had not even felt the resistance of the ground nor did it even seem that time had gone by when she had been lifted into the outside. At the same time the part of her that was high in the skies reintegrated her as if she were a bubble. It made her think of soap bubbles sticking to each other and then forming another larger bubble. Without a further word, the Marid left her and returned to his meeting.