The Frost Chronicles 4: The secret world of the marid part 2
12 January -8 February 2020
She stared at the Marid who despite being right in front of her now still seemed like a towering giant. She wondered if her ears failed her as she could not believe what she had just heard. Did he really say daughter? She looked up at the cloud surrounding the haze which was his face.
- You profess to be my father, she said in a voice that surprised her by its steadiness despite how shaken she was feeling.
- I do not profess to be. I am, answered the marid.
- I have a father of my own whom I have known since my childhood
- I do not wish to remove his trace from your memory but he is not entirely your father
- What do you mean not entirely your father?
- It is something that your kind finds difficult to fathom. You see, your mother was married to your part-father but her heart had been promised to me within dream. She was my chosen one. When your moment of conception had come, I was within your part father and together we created you with your mother’s egg, your father’s sperm and my spark. What your kind never realizes is that the spark is stronger than the rest. Those of you created part marid can never deny your kind even if your part-parents may do so. You bear like us the gift of the sight beyond time, beyond matter.
She felt several protests and questions rising to her lips but she decided not to voice any of them. Somehow, somewhere inside her, the truth of what he was saying was dawning upon her. She had always known her father was not exactly her father and there was something different between her and her siblings. At every difficult moment she had gone through in her life, there had always been some sort of magically prepared way for her to be out of the quagmire she was in. She always knew it was no coincidence but she had a hard time realizing that it was her father from his unseen realm pulling the strings of fate in her favour.
- Why do I not live within your world? she said after realizing that the marid was somehow reading her thoughts.
- The djinn are not very welcoming to half djinns, he said. They fear them as they believe that humans are out to exterminate them. They do not realise that we can live in peace alongside each other as long as none fears the others.
- You mentioned that half breeds like me bear the gift of the sight beyond time and matter. Do you mean I can predict the future as well as see what could have been changed in the past to avoid a certain future
- Yes but it is a gift to use wisely and not to change things that would then make the future balloon out of control.
- Why is it that I cannot see my own fate and future then?
- That is because you are not transcending your own future. You have a sense of what is oncoming because of the deeply developed six sense that you have owing to the part marid nature of your DNA. You have, however, chosen to occult it owing to your fear of seeing beyond the creation of yourself. Indeed, if you were to see your future and given your current fears, it would be like an addiction where you would want to see beyond that future which represents your death and you would pass a kaleidoscope of images and sensations that would pertain to all the lives you’ve traversed until your reaching this birth. Given that all part marids are also powerful empaths, you would be condemning yourself to a great amount of torture just by passing through any of those kaleidoscopic lives you traverse if there had been any addiction or brutality within those lives.
- I have a feeling I have done this on more than one occasion and I almost lost my sanity. I guess I should work more on the element of transcendence. I always thought that transcendence was the ability to reach stillness and start seeing everything from the point of the inner observer, thereby being out of time and out of matter.
- It is that on a certain level. If you are, however, laden with fears that you have not confronted such as traumatic events in the past, then you never reach the proper level of transcendence. You only are at the fear based level and your attachment to your bodily presence enslaves you to see just one version of the truth instead of seeing it in its entirety.
- How do I attain transcendence then?
- Face your fears first, both known and unknown. Once you have done so, call upon me and I will let you know the true way of transcendence.
She nodded and he disappeared instantly. Inside she could feel welling up a thousand years of knowledge accumulated within past and future lives entering her mind. She could create items and sell them for a reasonable price using all the knowledge accumulated within her. If she created enough items from future thought that should pay a heavy reward and it should be an easy thing to do as she knew how to look into both the past and the present. She did not need the first marid’s help anymore. She vowed, however, to get to know more of the marid world as it was partially her world too and could help her belong to something finally.
Silence – Vargo