Dragons in Heart
13 December 2015
I was nominated for the dragon loyalty award. While I don’t usually follow up on awards in general, I was inclined to do it for this one because of the person who nominated me, Tosha Michelle, a wonderful writer and musician who writes artfully and with a lot of insight, passion and beauty in what she expresses. If you do not know her writing or her songs, please do check her out at http://laliterati.com/
She also has many other aspects to her that I will let you discover from her blog.
The rules are 1) Display the award on your blog. 2) Announce your nomination with a post and link the blogger who nominated you 3) Present 6 deserving bloggers with the award (see below) 4) Link your awardees in the post 5) Write 7 interesting facts about you
So here I go with the facts (I had to remove the OCD part because the person nominating me already got there before I did and also because it has become thankfully almost non existent in my life now)
- I was a hyperactive kid with a very high IQ but with absolutely no sense of being social so I liked to be a lot by myself. Thankfully through the years of growing up my IQ went down and what is now called my EQ went up so I became more sociable
- When I was a child, I used to spend most of my time day-dreaming and gazing at the stars because I was convinced that my home was up there and that I was not meant to be here on Earth. I still have a big attraction for the skies but the sense of longing, unbearable nostalgia and wanting to go away immediately has thankfully reduced over the years.
- I was called “swallow the moon” (“gobe la lune” in French) because you could make me believe just about anything when I was a child and an adolescent. I never failed to believe that people were telling the truth no matter how far-fetched what they said seemed, which earned me my first nickname
- I was extremely lazy and barely studied but always scored the highest marks and consistently was the first in class except for the last year of my school (graduation year to my parents’ and school teachers’ utter dismay) when I went through a rebel phase and decided that I was not going to study at all but just go to the beach almost all the time because I was fed up of being first and wanted to be just like everyone else for a change. I actually wanted that since a while but that was the first year I got the courage to disobey.
- My latest nickname which has stuck with me since my young adult age – first uttered by a boyfriend long gone now (may he RIP) – is Blue. You can consider that I have a very very long Blue period unlike Picasso because I have not yet changed my nickname to anything else. I feel good being Blue
- I love playing 3 to 5 minutes chess games called blitz on a website called freechess.org and sometimes can get totally engrossed by this to the point that I can forget to eat until night falls when I am alone (when my kids are away). Thankfully my children are with me except for school holidays so that keeps me on track for eating most of the time.
- I wanted to be an artist and had always loved drawing and sketching but am self-taught as I was not able to take art courses (directed by my parents when I was younger and then hogged up by life’s constraints later). To console myself for not being able to follow art orientation instead of sciences at school I used to draw on my pants and paint them much to my mother’s dismay and the anger of my school teachers as it was back in the 80s and having painted jeans was not fashionable yet. I still like to draw and paint though on canvas since a while and find it very comforting and a good way of expressing myself.
Moving on to the awardees, I would like to nominate the following people (I would have loved to include Tosha and Eric but the first nominated me and the second was already nominated by the first). I have to say there are so many more who should be nominated in general because their work is so beautiful and interesting but as this list has to be limited to 6 I stopped it at that figure choosing those who made me somehow think of the characteristics of a dragon as I see the creature.
- Deborah aka dancingpalmtrees (http://dancingpalmtrees.com/) a fine human being and writer who has a very fiery spirit and does not hesitate to speak her mind. Aside from being an amazingly insightful and sensitive writer, she is also a much needed support and beacon of light for her brother Stephen who is a grown man suffering from autism. Her current battle is to ensure that siblings get the same rights as parents in terms of days of leave to take care of a family member in need.
- Thomas aka FT Ledrew (https://hooklineandinkwell.wordpress.com/) an amazing writer and Senryu master aside from his photography and baking skils. He introduced me to many art forms (alas by inference and not by direct contact) through the beautiful poetry he wrote in those art forms. I always look forward to reading his poetry.
- Annie aka pixieannie (http://ponderingsofapixie.com/) a very creative lady who amazes me not just with her outreach into the world of poetry, photography and drawing but also with her capacity to cut down trees, use tools that in my limited upbringing I thought only men could master. We can safely say she is my Heroin because she is capable of doing so many things I could only dream of doing
- Dajena aka moonskittles – her name is pronounced like Diana – (https://moonskittles.wordpress.com/) a witty and very talented writer who multiplies herself between her family/worldly life and a beautiful blog which she populates with creative output in the form of poems, beautiful photography or sometimes recounts whether fiction or stories about things that actually happened in her daily life
- Paul aka Paully (https://paully1965.wordpress.com/) a writer with an extreme sensitivity and a very generous heart who writes beautiful poetry
- Tony Single (http://crumblecult.com/) whom I “discovered” not so long ago and who is an amazing cartoonist (I am a fan of the strange crumble world now), poet, keen observer of human nature and who also likes and expresses himself through photography. All of these talents are showcased in different sites that you can discover when you visit his crumblecult site.